This is a great little something to make when giving someone a gift card. I love to make these for the kids when they are going to someones Birthday Party. It makes the gift card even more special.
Fun Size Candy Bars - 12
Hershey Kisses - 16
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Masking or Painters Tape
Candles - optional
Paper Plates & Small Cup for Cake Stand
1. Pick out what type of candy bars you will use. About twelve usually works.
2. Add small pieces of tape to the backside of candy bars.
3. Using your glue gun on low heat, put a dab of glue on the tape on the backside of the candy bar. Press all the candy bars onto the sides of the Styrofoam circle. MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL FACING THE SAME WAY!!!!!
4. Place very small pieces of tape on the bottom of approximately 16 Hershey Kisses. Using the glue gun again on low heat and glue the kisses to the top of the Styrofoam circle.
5. Tie your ribbon around the cake and form a bow for the front of your cake. If you can't make a bow, glue on a pre-made one from your leftover Christmas stuff. I always save white bows!
6. Use a pencil and make small holes in the top of the cake for your candles. Push the candles into place, glue with a dab of glue if needed.
7. If you want a cake stand, glue 3-4 small paper plates together then glue 3-4 small plastic cups to the bottom of the plate. Glue cake to plate if needed.
Your cake is now ready for giving to that special someone. !!! Adults like this as much as the kids!
Try making a larger one with full size bars!!!!
You can also make this for Holidays as well. Check out my Halloween Cake.